Looking to gain muscle? Here’s the secret ingredient you need!

Looking to gain muscle? Here’s the secret ingredient you need!

In the wide world of nutritional supplements, creatine has been hailed time and time again for its ability to help giving a boost to your athletic performance. In fact, creatine has been backed time and time again by scientific research world-wide. In recent years, studies have shown that creatine also has protective benefits. In particular slowing down the progression of neurological diseases. Our exclusively formulated creatine micronized monohydrate is 100% pure and is the most extensively researched creatine on the market. Meaning it is absorbed efficiently by the gut (more to come on the benefits of good gut health) and a bonus is no bloating! We are proud that we have no fillers or by-products, just pure creatine to bring out the athlete in you. No matter if you are a weekend warrior or a gym junkie ninja, Athletic Sport Creatine Micronized Monohydrate is the secret ingredient you need to build and maintain muscle.

Creatine is in fact a naturally occurring substance in your body.  95% of your body’s natural supply is stored within our muscle cells in the form of phosphocreatine. The remaining 5% is found in other places such as kidney, liver and brain. You might think – why supplement, if it is naturally occurring? Well, many factors influence naturally occurring creatine stores such as hormone fluctuations, dietary influences such as how much meat you are eating, as well as physiological factors like amount of muscle mass. Taking all these factors into account can leave you with a less than ideal stores of naturally occurring creatine. This is where Athletic Sport Creatine Micronized Monohydrate comes in.

Supplementation of creatine helps to fill any voids, ultimately allowing your body to produce more ATP also known as Adenosine triphosphate. Simply putting it, ATP is the energy currency of the body. The more ATP within your body, the better your performance in the gym will be. Adding creatine helps to keep your endurance up so that your 10th rep, is just as easy as your first rep!

For those of us who want to build up, gain and maintain muscle, regularly incorporating creatine into your workout regime will help you achieve your goal. No matter if you’re a seasoned gym junkie or a ‘once in a while’ gym goer creatine can benefit you.  Athletic Sport Creatine Micronized Monohydrate is formulated to help improve your bodies muscles mass providing both short and long-term muscle fibre growth. Among other things, creatine helps to prevent muscle breakdown and improves signalling also known as talking between cells so that muscle repair and growth is more effective.

It’s just not the gains that creatine helps to sustain: The benefits of regularly incorporating creatine micronized monohydrate as part of a workout routine has a wide range of benefits such as helping you stay in the zone while in the gym, helping to zone out other distractions. Post workout it helps you to recover faster and reduces that all too familiar ‘ouch’ feeling post leg workout day. Faster recovery time enables you to maximise your day and get along with all the other tasks that come along with being a 21st century go getter.

When it comes down to it, creatine is a useful and effective supplement providing a range of health benefits for your athletic performance as well as your overall health. Our favourite way to enjoy creatine is mixed with our Kamikaze pre-workout, or if you are after a post-workout style refreshment, mixing our Aminos BCAA, creatine and water is a refreshingly delicious drink. You can view our entire range of supplements here.