Creatine Explained: All you need to know..

 

 

Creatine is easily one of the most popular sports supplements, hailed for its ability to increase your energy levels during a workout. Post-workout, creatine helps your tired and achy muscles repair. Our own Creatine Micronized Monohydrate is formulated to help improve your bodies muscles mass, providing both short and long-term muscle fibre growth. Among other things, creatine helps to prevent muscle breakdown and improve talking between cells so that muscle repair and growth is more effective.

 

How does a creatine supplement work?

In a very simple explanation, creatine is formed from three amino acids: glycine, L-arginine, and L-methionine. Up to 95% of the available creatine in the body is stored in the skeletal muscle, with the remaining 5% found in the brain, kidney, and liver. Creatine works to maintain a continuous supply of energy to muscles.

 

ATP (Adrenaline Triphosphate) is a chemical source of energy in the body, which once utilised becomes ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). Because ADP is not very useful to the body, creatine works by transforming the ADP to ATP for more available energy. With this renewed energy, you can train for longer periods of time and recover more efficiently. Our creatine micronized monohydrate works to prevent muscle breakdown and improve short and long-term muscle fibre growth.

 

Why supplement?

Many factors influence naturally occurring creatine stores such as hormone fluctuations, dietary influences, as well as physiological factors such as the available amount of muscle mass. Taking all these factors into account can leave you depleted of naturally occurring creatine. This is where Athletic Sport Creatine Micronized Monohydrate comes in, as it helps to fill any voids that may interfere with creatine stores.

 

How to incorporate creatine into my diet?

Our exclusively formulated creatine micronized monohydrate is 100% pure and is the most extensively researched creatine on the market. It is absorbed efficiently by the gut and won’t cause any digestive complaints! We are proud that we have no fillers or by-products, just pure creatine to bring out the athlete in you. Our favourite way to enjoy creatine is mixed with our Kamikaze pre-workout, or if you are after a post-workout style refreshment, mixing our Aminos BCAA, creatine and water is a refreshingly delicious drink.